[Python-Dev] utf-8 encoding in checkins?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Mar 27 20:08:02 CEST 2011

    Antoine> Hmm, are you sure? Software (especially mail-reading software)
    Antoine> that doesn't support utf-8 in 2011 should be considered
    Antoine> extremely broken.

I'm not disputing that, and I understand that my current choice of mail
reader limits me.  I was just asking if it would be possible (read: fairly
easy) to only generate utf-8 when it was necessary.

For the time being I'm using a procmail hack to blindly rewrite utf-8 to
us-ascii in the checking messages.  I'll see how that works before doing
something more elaborate like switching out my mail reader.

Skip