[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Add optional *func* argument to itertools.accumulate().

Daniel Stutzbach stutzbach at google.com
Mon Mar 28 09:38:08 CEST 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Daniel Stutzbach <stutzbach at google.com>
> wrote:
> > Is there a good use-case for the func argument?
>

> The examples that Raymond gives in the docs (cumulative
> multiplication, running min/max, cash flow accumulation) look fairly
> solid to me.

(I had the nagging suspicion that I was making a blunder in my email, but I
couldn't see it despite rereading my email several times before sending.  My
blunder was in not rereading the patch to see the examples.  Anyway...)

When would a running product, min, or max be useful?

for running_min in accumulate(data, min):
    # Do what?

--
Daniel Stutzbach