[Python-Dev] Issue Tracker

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Mar 29 03:37:56 CEST 2011

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:31:12 +0200, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:14:20 -0500
> Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 15:05, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> > > I would like to have some software to keep track of bugs, to-do's, ideas,
> > > etc., etc. -- you know, an issue tracker!  Naturally I thought of the one we
> > > use to track Python.  Is it available?  Is it written in Python?  Are there
> > > any others that are recommended?
> >
> > bugs.python.org uses http://pypi.python.org/pypi/roundup, which is written
> > in Python.
>
> Well, don't take bugs.python.org as an example, though, since AFAIK it
> is heavily modified. http://mercurial.selenic.com/bts/ and
> http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/ look more like vanilla
> installs.

Roundup is wonderfully customizable.  It's not hard to do, either,
(though of course there is a learning curve).  I built an issue
tracker for my business with per-customer queues, consultant logins,
and time tracking in about two days of work starting from vanilla
roundup.

The hardest part is debugging the TAL when you make a mistake, but
even that isn't a whole lot worse than any other templating language.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com