[Python-Dev] .hgignore including site-packages and scripts directories?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Mar 30 04:43:08 CEST 2011

On 30/03/2011 1:37 PM, R. David Murray wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:17:05 +1100, Mark Hammond<mhammond at skippinet.com.au>  wrote:
>> On 30/03/2011 12:09 PM, R. David Murray wrote:
>>> The solution is to add such
>>> directories and/or files to your personal ignore list See the 'ignore'
>>> entry under 'ui' in the hgrc documentation.
>>
>> Yeah - but I was wondering if it could be made more convenient by
>> default given the downside seems quite small...
>
> I suppose I wouldn't care about site-packages.  Nothing except the
> existing README should ever get checked in there, I think.  And I don't
> seem to have a 'Scripts' directory, just Tools/scripts, which shouldn't
> be ignored.  Is Scripts windows specific?  (I also have a build/scripts,
> but build is ignored.)

Yeah, "Scripts" is indeed Windows specific - which I admit I had
forgotten until a couple of hours ago when debugging why a script using
virtualenv failed on Windows due to assuming stuff went into a 'bin'
directory and not the 'Scripts' directory.  The directory is normally
populated by the distutils 'install' command, easy_install, etc

Mark