[Python-Dev] Please revert autofolding of tracker edit form

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Thu Mar 31 12:16:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Yes, there is a good reason why database records are routinely displayed in
> labeled and located fields rather than in variable length natural language
> sentences with a monochrome font. Form letters, of course, are an exception.

Yep.

While I'm fine with folding away some of the verbose fields, the
current implementation is jarring.  I also get the flicker before the
fold happens, but the sentence describing status doesn't seem like a
good idea for regular users.  I would expect only the "second box"
from the top to get folded.

Making folding a per-user setting would be appropriate.

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities."