[Python-Dev] Commit messages: please avoid temporal ambiguity

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:29:58 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Eric Smith <eric at trueblade.com> wrote:
> Thanks indeed for bringing this up, Terry. It's been on my to-do list
> for a while. I think it comes from just copying the title of a bug
> report. The bug is "X does Y", and that's what's used in the fix.

I believe I've actually seen it in NEWS entries as well (although
thankfully not often and I can't recall any specific instances off the
top of my head).

I'm also a fan of including the word "now" and describing the new
behaviour, although I'll sometimes use "no longer" and describe the
old behaviour for some bugs where that seems more appropriate.

Cheers,
Nick.