[Python-Dev] Python Support on OpenVMS

Mathew, Sandeep (OpenVMS) sandeep.mathew at hp.com
Fri May 13 11:25:44 CEST 2011

Hi  Folks,

I am Sandeep Mathew from OpenVMS engineering in Hewlett-Packard. I have worked on various components of the OpenVMS operating system including MONITOR, TDF, EXEC, LIBRTL, DCL and SYSMAN.  I happened to read this blog post about dropping OpenVMS support for further releases of python here: http://blog.python.org/2011/05/python-33-to-drop-support-for-os2.html.

I am willing to spend time and effort to ensure that python remains supported on OpenVMS. Please let me know what needs to be done for continued OpenVMS Support in Python. Looking forward to working with the Python community.

Regards

Sandeep Mathew