[Python-Dev] Simple XML-RPC server over SSL/TLS

Dariusz Suchojad dsuch at gefira.pl
Mon May 16 20:31:45 CEST 2011

Bill Janssen wrote:

Hello,

>>> But what I would like to know, is if is there any reason why XML-RPC can't
>>> optionally work over TLS/SSL using Python's ssl module. I'll create a
>>> ticket, and send a patch, but I was wondering if it was a reason why this
>>> was not implemented.
>>
>> I think there's no deeper reason than nobody thought about it.  The ssl
>> module is new in 2.6 and 3.x, xmlrpc is an older module for an old
>> technology *cough*, so feel free to open a bug report.  Patch guidelines
>> are found at http://docs.python.org/devguide  Thanks in advance!
>
> What he said.  I'm not a big fan of XMLRPC in the first place, so I
> probably didn't even notice that there wasn't SSL support for it.
>
> Go for it!

I know it's been some time but I've only now spotted the thread and just
in case it could be helpful to anyone, Spring Python project has
implemented the feature last year for Python 2.x

http://static.springsource.org/spring-python/1.2.x/sphinx/html/remoting.html#secure-xml-rpc

cheers,

--
Dariusz Suchojad