[Python-Dev] os.access on Windows

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri May 20 17:25:45 CEST 2011

On 20/05/2011 16:21, Brian Curtin wrote:

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 03:38, Tim Golden <Tim.Golden at cbsoutdoor.co.uk
(Sorry about that; I had no idea I'd sent that from my work account)

> I think we should tread lightly in the documentation area. We already
> have two note boxes, and adding a third probably scares everyone away.

I entirely agree. (That's what I meant by "involved" above)

> Maybe there should be a bullet list of considerations to be made when
> using os.access?
>
>     * Apply the patch in issue2528 to 3.3 and maybe 2.7
>

> I'd vote in favor of this. If we can be a bit smarter in determining
> os.access results, let's do it.
>
> I haven't reviewed the patch other than 1 minute scan, but I'll put this
> on my radar and try to get you a review.

Thanks. To be honest I wrote the patch 3 years ago; I haven't even
tried to apply it to either of the current posixmodule.c. Let's
see if I can dust it off and mould it into shape, or you'll be
left fighting patch errors instead of reviewing code :)

TJG