[Python-Dev] looking for a contact at Google on the Blogger team

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:37:35 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has the Python insider blog really accumulated enough history and
> cruft to make this move problematic? It's a fairly new blog, with not
> much content in it. From my blogging experience, Blogger has other
> limitations which eventually bite you, and since it's not very
> flexible you can either live with it or move to a more flexible
> platform.

It's not just the Python Insider blog that is affected (and *any*
effort directed towards platform changes is effort that isn't going
towards writing new articles. Of course, if Blogger don't fix the
currrent problems, then that will be a moot point - moving will be
necessary to get *anything* done).

In general, though, infrastructure changes start from a position of
"not worth the hassle", just like code changes. It takes a pretty
compelling set of features to justify switching, and, while Blogger
isn't the best engine out there, it isn't terrible either (especially
once you replace their lousy comment system with something that is at
least half usable like DISQUS).

Cheers,
Nick.