[Python-Dev] Code cleanups in stable branches?

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Fri Nov 4 18:05:17 CET 2011

Nick and Brett share the opinion that some code cleanups can be
considered bugfixes, whereas MvL, Barry and Raymond defend that we never
know what can get broken and it’s not worth risking it.

I have added a comment on #13283 (removal of two unused variable in
locale.py) to restate this policy, but haven’t asked for a revert; I did
not comment on #10519 (Avoid unnecessary recursive function calls), as
it can be considered a bugfix and Raymond took part in the discussion
and thus implicitly approved the change.

Regards