[Python-Dev] [SPAM: 3.000] [issue11682] PEP 380 reference implementation for 3.3

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Nov 9 16:54:46 CET 2011

I see this as inevitable. By the time the parser sees 'yield' it has
made its choices; the 'from' keyword cannot modify that. So whenever
"yield expr" must be parenthesized, "yield from expr" must too. (And
yes, there are parsing systems that don't have this restriction. But
Python's does and we like it that way.)

At the same time, "yield expr, expr" works; but does "yield from expr,
expr" mean anything?

Finally, glad to see work on this PEP proceeding; I'm looking forward
to using the fruits of that labor!

--Guido

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)