[Python-Dev] Python 3.4 Release Manager

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Nov 23 16:24:04 CET 2011

On Nov 22, 2011, at 07:50 PM, Larry Hastings wrote:

>I've volunteered to be the Release Manager for Python 3.4.  The FLUFL has
>already given it his Sloppy Wet Kiss Of Approval,

I think you mistook that for my slackjaw droolings when you repeatedly ignored
my warnings to run as far from it as possible.  But you're persistent, I'll
give you that.  Looks like that persistence will be punis^H^H^H^H^Hrewarded
with your first RMship!  Congratulations (?).

>and we talked to Georg and he was for it too.  There's no formal process for
>selecting the RM, so I may already be stuck with the job, but I thought it
>best to pipe up on python-dev in case someone had a better idea.
>
>But look!  I'm already practicing: NO YOU CAN'T CHECK THAT IN.  How's that?
>Needs work?
>
>I look forward to seeing how the sausage is made,

Undoubtedly it will make you a vegan, but hopefully not a Go programmer!

:)

Seriously though, I think it's great for you to work with Georg through the
3.3 process, so you can take over for 3.4.  And I also think it's great that
someone new wants to do it.  I kid, but the mechanics of releasing really
isn't very difficult these days as we've continually automated the boring
parts.  The fun part is really making the decisions about what is a
showstopper, what changes can go in at the last minute, etc.  Like the
president of the USA, I just hope your hair is already gray!

-Barry