[Python-Dev] Long term development external named branches and periodic merges from python
jcea at jcea.es
Thu Nov 24 17:43:11 CET 2011
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I have a question and I would rather have an answer instead of
actually trying and getting myself in a messy situation.
Let say we have the following scenario:
1. A programer clones hg.python.org.
2. Programer creates a named branch and start to develop a new feature.
3. She adds her repository&named branch to the bugtracker.
4. From time to time, she posts updates in the tracker using the
"Create Patch" button.
So far so good. Now, the question:
5. Development of the new feature is taking a long time, and python
canonical version keeps moving forward. The clone+branch and the
original python version are diverging. Eventually there are changes in
python that the programmer would like in her version, so she does a
"pull" and then a merge for the original python branch to her named
6. What would be posted in the bug tracker when she does a new "Create
Patch"?. Only her changes, her changes SINCE the merge, her changes
plus merged changes or something else?. What if the programmer
cherrypick changesets from the original python branch?.
Jesus Cea Avion _/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/
jabber / xmpp:jcea at jabber.org _/_/ _/_/ _/_/_/_/_/
. _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/
"Things are not so easy" _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/
"My name is Dump, Core Dump" _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/ _/_/
"El amor es poner tu felicidad en la felicidad de otro" - Leibniz
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Python-Dev