[Python-Dev] Long term development external named branches and periodic merges from python

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Sat Nov 26 17:23:54 CET 2011

Le 24/11/2011 22:46, Xavier Morel a écrit :
> Wouldn't it be simpler to just use MQ and upload the patch(es)
> from the series?
MQ is a very powerful and useful tool, but its learning curve is steeper
than regular Mercurial, and it is not designed for long-term
development.  Rebasing patches is more fragile and less user-friendly
than merging branches, and it’s also easier to corrupt your MQ patch
queue than your Mercurial repo.  I like Mercurial merges and I don’t
like diffs of diffs, so I avoid MQ.

> Would be easier to keep in sync with the development tip too.
How so?  With a regular clone you have to pull and merge regularly, with
MQ you have to pull and rebase.

Regards