[Python-Dev] Status of the built-in virtualenv functionality in 3.3

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:12:26 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Oct 06, 2011, at 06:04 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

>>> Nope, although `python -m virtualize` seems about perfect.
>>
>>`python -m sandbox` ?
>
> That's nice too.

sandbox is a bit close to Victor's pysandbox for restricted execution
environments.

'nest' would probably work, although I don't recall the 'egg'
nomenclature featuring heavily in the current zipimport or packaging
docs, so it may be a little obscure.

'pyenv' is another possible colour for the shed, although a quick
Google search suggests that may have few name clash problems.

'appenv' would be yet another colour, since that focuses on the idea
of 'environment per application'.

Cheers,
Nick.