[Python-Dev] Python 3 optimizations continued...

stefan brunthaler s.brunthaler at uci.edu
Fri Sep 2 06:37:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

as promised, I created a publicly available preview of an
implementation with my optimizations, which is available under the
following location:
https://bitbucket.org/py3_pio/preview/wiki/Home

I followed Nick's advice and added some valuable advice and
overview/introduction at the wiki page the link points to, I am
positive that spending 10mins reading this will provide you with a
valuable information regarding what's happening.
In addition, as Guido already mentioned, this is more or less a direct
copy of my research-branch without some of my private comments and
*no* additional refactorings because of software-engineering issues
(which I am very much aware of.)

I hope this clarifies a *lot* and makes it easier to see what parts
are involved and how all the pieces fit together.

I hope you'll like it,
have fun,
--stefan