[Python-Dev] Multigigabyte memory usage in the OpenIndiana Buildbot

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 07:27:57 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:

> On 06/09/11 07:02, Jesus Cea wrote:
>> On 06/09/11 06:59, Jesus Cea wrote:
>>> Thanking for helping me with this.
>>
>> BTW, it is 7AM in Spain now. I am going bed. I will check this
>> thread again tomorrow. Thanks for your time and effort. This is
>> very frustrating, moreover because it was working very well (with
>> 32GB of RAM... :-).
>
> I just deleted all the build directories and restarted the buildbots.
> Forcing a build now. Bedtime. Good night.
>
> At this moment, I have 3 Python processes, of sizes 230, 160 and 130
> MB. And growing.

The memory usage per process seems reasonable to me, based on what I
see on my own machine.

That means it's the 15 processes that's problematic. It will be
interesting to see how these current test runs go.

It may be the case that with the reduced memory limit, your machine
may not be able to run concurrent slaves for 2.7, 3.2 and 3.x as I
believe it does now.

Cheers,
Nick.