[Python-Dev] Hg tips

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Thu Sep 29 12:50:19 CEST 2011

Le 29/09/2011 12:34, Xavier Morel a écrit :
> Generally none. By default, mercurial (and most similar tools) sets up LOCAL, BASE and OTHER. BASE is the...

Sorry, but I'm unable to remember the meaning of LOCAL, BASE and OTHER.
In meld, I have to scroll to the end of the filename so see the filename
suffix. Anyway, my real problem was different: hg opened meld with the 3
versions, but the BASE was already merged. I mean that hg chose for me
what is the right version, without letting me choose myself what is the
good version, because if I just close meld, I lose my local changes.

Because a merge is a new commit, I suppose that I can do something to
get my local changes back. But, well, I just prefer the "legacy" (?)
merge flavor:

<<<< local
===
 >>> other

It's easier for my brain because I just have 2 versions of the same
code, not 3!

But it looks like some people are more confortable with 3 versions in a
GUI, because it is the default Mercurial behaviour (to open a GUI to
solve conflicts).

Victor