[Python-Dev] Use QueryPerformanceCounter() for time.monotonic() and/or time.highres()?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Apr 2 04:18:04 CEST 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> Given the amount of disagreement I sense, I think we'll need to wait
> for more people to chime in.

I currently can't imagine why I *personally* would want anything
better than what we currently call time.time.  For that reason, I like
Cameron's proposal best.  If and when I have a use case, I'll be able
to query the system for the clock that has the best combination of
desirable properties.  Admittedly, by then the answer probably will be
"time.time."<wink/>