[Python-Dev] an alternative to embedding policy in PEP 418 (was: PEP 418: Add monotonic clock)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Apr 3 08:03:18 CEST 2012

On 03Apr2012 07:51, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
| I like the aim of letting the user control what clock it get, but I
| find this API pretty horrible:
|
| >  clock = get_clock(T_MONOTONIC|T_HIRES) or get_clock(T_MONOTONIC)

FWIW, the leading "T_" is now gone, so it would now read:

  clock = get_clock(MONOTONIC|HIRES) or get_clock(MONOTONIC)

If the symbol names are not the horribleness, can you qualify what API
you would like more?
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

We had the experience, but missed the meaning.  - T.S. Eliot