[Python-Dev] Issue 11734: Add half-float (16-bit) support to struct module

Eli Stevens (Gmail) wickedgrey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 00:58:50 CEST 2012

Hello,

I worked on a patch to support half-floats about a year ago, and the
impression I got from the python-dev list was that there wasn't anyone
with objections to the patch, and from the reviewers was that it was
ready for inclusion, but it never moved beyond that stage (I should
have pushed it harder, I suspect).  Is there still time to get it in
the 3.3 cycle?  The corresponding patch for NumPy has been accepted,
and IIRC, is present in the 1.6 release.

http://bugs.python.org/issue11734

The issue has links to the various discussions surrounding the patch
for context.

What should happen next?

Thanks,
Eli