[Python-Dev] an alternative to embedding policy in PEP 418 (was: PEP 418: Add monotonic clock)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Apr 6 00:05:56 CEST 2012

On 05Apr2012 03:05, Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:
| On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:52:00PM -0700, Ethan Furman wrote:
| > Forced?  I do not use Python to be forced to use one style of
| > programming over another.
|
|    Then it's strange you are using Python with its strict syntax
| (case-sensitivity, forced indents), ubiquitous exceptions, limited
| syntax of lambdas and absence of code blocks (read - forced functions),
| etc.

But exceptions are NOT ubiquitous, nor should they be. They're a very
popular and often apt way to handle certain circumstances, that's all.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

On the one hand I knew that programs could have a compelling and deep logical
beauty, on the other hand I was forced to admit that most programs are
presented in a way fit for mechanical execution, but even if of any beauty at
all, totally unfit for human appreciation.      - Edsger W. Dijkstra