[Python-Dev] this is why we shouldn't call it a "monotonic clock" (was: PEP 418 is too divisive and confusing and should be postponed)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Apr 8 00:43:35 CEST 2012

On 07Apr2012 01:47, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
| I don't understand this definition. All clocks have a clock drift.
| This is just one exception: atomic clocks, but such clocks are rare
| and very expensive.

They've got drift too. It is generally very small.

Anecdote: I used to keep my wristwatch (oh, the days of wrist
watches:-) synched to an atomic clock. By walking 4 metres down the hall
from my office to peer into the window of the room with the atomic
clock:-)

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Knox's 386 is slick.            Fox in Sox, on Knox's Box
Knox's box is very quick.       Plays lots of LSL. He's sick!
        - Gregory Bond <gnb at bby.com.au>,
          (Apologies to John "Iron Bar" Mackin.)