[Python-Dev] Edit the rejected PEP 416 (frozendict) to mention the newly added types.MappingProxyType

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 00:28:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

The frozendict (PEP 416) was rejected, but I just added the
types.MappingProxyType. This type is not new, it existed since Python
2.2 as the internal dict_proxy type. See also the issue #14386.

I would like to know if I can edit the rejected PEP, or if Guido
prefers to do it, to mention the new type? The "Rejection Notice"
section currently ends with "On the other hand, exposing the existing
read-only dict proxy as a built-in type sounds good to me. (It would
need to be changed to allow calling the constructor.) GvR."

Victor