[Python-Dev] cpython: Fix email post-commit review comments.

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Apr 19 00:48:01 CEST 2012

Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> (and here we see why reference-stealing APIs are a nuisance: because
> you never know in advance whether a function will steal a reference or
> not, and you have to read the docs for each and every C API call you
> make)

Fortunately, they're very rare, so you don't encounter
them often.

Unfortunately, they're very rare, so you're all the more
likely to forget about them and get bitten.

Functions with ref-stealing APIs really ought to have
a naming convention that makes them stand out and remind
you to consult the documentation.

--
Greg