[Python-Dev] Assigning copyright...

stefan brunthaler s.brunthaler at uci.edu
Thu Apr 26 01:56:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

I only had little time to spend for my open sourcing efforts, which is
why I could not get back to python-dev any time earlier...

Yesterday I forward-ported my patches to revision 76549
(13c30fe3f427), which only took 25mins or so (primarly due to the
small changes necessary to Python itself and the stability of that
parts.) Thanks to a colleague of mine (Per Larsen) I reimplemented
some of the more ugly parts of the code generator, too.
Guido's answer from the last thread was that I should duly assign the
copyright to the PSF. Unfortunatly, I don't really see any other part
than the LICENSE and README files in the Python distribution. Since my
patch basically just adds another subdirectory ("cgen") to the Python
top-level directory, I am not sure if I need to supply other
information to make my code officially PSF compatible.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
--stefan