[Python-Dev] cpython: Implement PEP 412: Key-sharing dictionaries (closes #13903)

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Apr 26 13:41:28 CEST 2012

Thanks.
Meanwhile, I blogged about tuning the dict implementation.
Preliminary testing seems to indicate that tuning it to conserve memory saves us 2Mb of wasted slots on the login screen.  No small thing on a PS3 system.
http://blog.ccpgames.com/kristjan/2012/04/25/optimizing-the-dict/
I wonder if we shouldn't make those factors into #defines as I did in my 2.7 modifications, and even provide a "memory saving" predefine for embedders.
(Believe it or not, sometimes python performance is not an issue at all, but memory usage is.)