[Python-Dev] The step command of pdb is broken

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Mon Apr 30 18:57:51 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:09:02PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Maybe we should take this opportunity (Python 3.3) to consider adopting one of
> the pdb add-ons or borging the best of their bits into the stdlib?

Irrespective of this - Issue13183 seems to be an easy to verify bug in
3.2 and 3.3. I think, it would most visible if you were to use a full
screen debugger and you will notice that the return call indicator has
jumped to the next statement (skipping return) when returning. I
guess, that's why Xavier (pyclewn author) noted it.  The fix seems
fine too.

I have just requested an additional info and this particular one could
be fixed.

Thanks,
Senthil