[Python-Dev] SPARC testers (and buildbot!) needed

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Thu Aug 9 01:26:26 CEST 2012

On 8 August 2012 18:56, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> Le 08/08/2012 15:25, "Martin v. Löwis" a écrit :
>

>> Of course, when somebody has access to SPARC hardware, *and* they
>> have some interest that Python 3.3 works on it, they should test it.
>> But testing it as a favor to the community is IMO irrelevant now;
>> that particular community is shrinking rapidly.
>>
>> What I personally really never cared about is SparcLinux;
>> if sparc, then it ought to be Solaris.
>

> What Martin said; SPARC under Linux is probably a hobbyist platform.
> Enterprise users of Solaris SPARC systems can still volunteer to provide and
> maintain a buildslave.

Is http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot the relevant documentation?
It still seems to refer to subversion, I presume that is no longer
needed and just mercurial will do?  I've set up a blank solaris 10
zone on a sparc T1000 with the OpenCSW toolchain (gcc 4.6.3) on our
server and installed buildslave.  According to the instructions this
is the point where I ask for a slave name and password.

Also, would it make sense to support OpenCSW more out of the box?
Currently we carry some patches for setup.py in order to pick up e.g.
sqlite from /opt/csw etc.  Would there be an interest in supporting
this?

Regards,
Floris