[Python-Dev] SPARC testers (and buildbot!) needed

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Fri Aug 10 15:09:03 CEST 2012

On 10 August 2012 06:48, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Actually, there appears to be a glitch in the network setup: it appears
> that connections to localhost are not possible in your zone. The tests
> fail with an assertion
>
> self.assertEqual(cm.exception.errno, errno.ECONNREFUSED)
> AssertionError: 128 != 146
>
> where 128 is ENETUNREACH. It would be good if localhost was reachable
> on a build slave.

The localhost network seems fine, which is shown by the test_socket
test just before.  I think the issue here is that
socket.create_connection iterates over the result of
socket.getaddrinfo('localhost', port, 0, SOCK_STREAM) which returns
[(2, 2, 0, '', ('127.0.0.1', 0)), (26, 2, 0, '', ('::1', 0, 0, 0))] on
this host.

The first result is tried and returns ECONNREFUSED but then the second
address is tried and this returns ENETUNREACH because this host has
not IPv6 network configured.  And create_connection() raises the last
exception it received.

If getaddrinfo() is called with the AI_ADDRCONFIG flag then it will
only return the IPv4 version of localhost.

I've created an issue to track this: http://bugs.python.org/issue15617

> Also, if you haven't done so, please make sure that the build slave
> restarts when the zone or the machine is restarted. Don't worry that
> restarting will abort builds in progress - that happens from time
> to time on any slave.

I'll check this, thanks for the reminder.

Regards,
Floris