[Python-Dev] core dev IRC nicks

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 06:31:41 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Chris Jerdonek
<chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a list somewhere of the IRC nicks of the core developers that
> use IRC (and who wish to be listed) alongside their real names?  If
> there is no such list, has there ever been discussion on python-dev of
> creating such a list?

No, to all those questions. It's not a bad idea, though.

One possibility (if someone was willing to work on it) would be to
enhance our Roundup instance to handle it. (See
http://docs.python.org/devguide/tracker.html#the-meta-tracker)

Allow users to add their typical IRC handle, and perhaps add a
"Committers List" link below the existing "Users List" link in the
sidebar.

Cheers,
Nick.