[Python-Dev] Keyword meanings [was: Accept just PEP-0426]

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:35:49 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM, PJ Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:

> In any case, as I said before, I don't have an issue with the fields
> all being declared as being for informational purposes only.  My issue
> is only with recommendations for automated tool behavior that permit
> one project's author to exercise authority over another project's
> installation.

Skipping over a lot of other replies between you and I because I think that
we disagree on a lot but that's all moot if we agree here.

I have no problems with Obsoletes, Conflicts, Requires, and Provides types
of fields are marked informational.  In fact, there are many cases where
packages are overzealous in their use of Requires right now that cause
distributions to patch the dependency information in the package metadata.

-Toshio