[Python-Dev] More compact dictionaries with faster iteration

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Dec 10 17:53:17 CET 2012

On Dec 10, 2012, at 05:39 PM, Christian Heimes wrote:

>I had ARM platforms in mind, too. Unfortunately we don't have any ARM
>platforms for testing and performance measurement. Even Trent's
>Snakebite doesn't have ARM boxes. I've a first generation Raspberry Pi,
>that's all.

I have a few ARM machines that I can use for testing, though I can't provide
external access to them.

* http://buildbot.python.org/all/buildslaves/warsaw-ubuntu-arm
  (Which oops, I see is down.  Why did I not get notifications about that?)

* I have a Nexus 7 flashed with Ubuntu 12.10 (soon to be 13.04).

* Pandaboard still sitting in its box. ;)

>Perhaps somebody (PSF ?) is willing to donate a couple of ARM boards to
>Snakebite. I'm thinking of Raspberry Pi (ARMv6), Pandaboard (ARMv7
>Cortex-A9) and similar.

Suitable ARM boards can be had cheap, probably overwhelmed by labor costs of
getting them up and running.  I am not offering for *that*. ;)

Cheers,
-Barry