[Python-Dev] Guido, Dropbox, and Python

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Dec 10 23:01:44 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> For those who have not heard, Guido left Google Friday and starts at Dropbox
> in January. (I hope you enjoy the break in between ;-).

Thank you, I am already enjoying it!

> https://twitter.com/gvanrossum/status/277126763295944705
> https://tech.dropbox.com/2012/12/welcome-guido/
>
> My question, Guido, is how this will affect Python development, and in
> particular, your work on async. If not proprietary info, does or will
> Dropbox use Python3?

It should not change a thing. I don't know whether Dropbox uses Python
3 but I don't think it will make any difference. Of course I have not
yet started working at Dropbox so I will be able to give better
answers in a few months.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)