[Python-Dev] PandaBoard, Raspberry Pi coming to Buildbot fleet

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 00:10:49 CET 2012

> > >  That's good news. A related question about Snakebite, though. Maybe I
> > > missed something obvious, but is there an overview of how the core
> devs can
> > > use it? In particular, I'd want to know if Snakebite runs Python's
> tests
> > > regularly - and if it does, how can I see the status. How do I know if
> any
> > > commit of mine broke some host Snakebite has? How can I SSH to that
> host in
> > > order to reproduce and fix the problem? Some sort of a blog post about
> this,
> > > at least, would be very helpful for me and possibly other developers as
> > > well.
> >
> > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-September/121651.html
> >
> > Presumably that should go somewhere more permanent.
>
>     Indeed, I'm going to carve out some time over the Christmas/NY break
>     to work on this.  There should really be a "Developer's Guide" that
>     explains how to get the most out of the network.

Thanks, indeed a more permanent place would be nice. So from reading the
above, am I correct in the understanding that these hosts don't actually
run tests at the moment? They only do if we log into them to test stuff? I
think it would be really nice if they could actually run as buildbot slaves
and execute Python tests continuously.

Eli