[Python-Dev] Is it possible to switch into the context of a child-process, spawned by "subprocess" module?

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 08:57:06 CET 2012

Hi all.

This is more of knowing whether something is possible in the core python
architecture; hence the question to this mailing-list :)

I have a situation where I am spawning a child process via "subprocess"
module.
This child process is equivalent to the process that would have been
created, if I had run a vanilla python-script in another shell.

In this (new) (child) process, new objects are instantiated, and methods
get called on those objects as usual.

Now, what I need is to somehow switch into this (new) (child) process from
the current (parent) process, and be able to call
methods-on-the-objects-of-the-child-process.
Also, please note that since the child process contains GUI, I intend to
have the results of calling the methods-on-the-objects-of-the-child-process
being effective on the child-process GUI.

Is it possible? Or am I trying to achieve something impossible as per
python-core-architecture?

I will be thankful for any pointers regarding this.

Regards,
Ajay