[Python-Dev] PEP 431 Time zone support improvements - Update

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 19:54:42 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

> - -Lots for enabling fallback by default except on platforms known not to
> have their own database

Well, it's the same thing really. If the platform does have a database, the
fallback will not be used.
Of course, there is the case of the database existing on the platform
normally, but somebody for some reason deleting the files, but I don't
think that case deserves an error message.

I also expect that most platform distributions, such as for Ubuntu, will
not include the fallback database, as it will never be used. I'll add
something about that and that we need to raise an error of some sort (any
opinions on what?) if no database is found at all.

//Lennart