[Python-Dev] PEP 431 Time zone support improvements - Update

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Dec 29 23:55:26 CET 2012

On 29Dec2012 21:16, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
| > Why should we care about that situation if we *do* provide a database?
| > Distributions can decide to exclude some files from their packages, but
| > it's their problem, not ours.
|
| Yes, but a comprehensible error message is useful even if somebody messed
| up the system/configuration.

Couldn't you just agree to augument the exception with some "I looked
here, there and there" information. It avoids a lot of bikeshedding and
makes things clear. You're not diagnosing system misconfiguration, just
saying "I can't find stuff, and here is where I looked".

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>