[Python-Dev] Switching to Visual Studio 2010

Trent Nelson trent at snakebite.org
Wed Feb 1 23:49:03 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 12:23:14PM -0800, Trent Nelson wrote:
>   * Updates to externals/(tcl|tk)-8.5.9.x so that they both build with
>     VS2010.

    Before I go updating tcl/tk, any thoughts on bumping our support to
    the latest revision, 8.5.11?

    I guess the same question applies to all the externals, actually
    (zlib, openssl, sqlite, bsddb, etc).  In the past we've typically
    bumped up our support to the latest version prior to beta, then
    stuck with that for the release's life, right?

    Semi-related note: is svn.python.org/externals still the primary
    repo for externals?  (I can't see a similarly named hg repo.)

        Trent.