[Python-Dev] folding cElementTree behind ElementTree in 3.3

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Feb 8 06:10:03 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:
> The initial proposal of changing *the stdlib
> import facade* for xml.etree.ElementTree to use the C accelerator
> (_elementtree) by default.

I guess this is one source of confusion: what are you referring to an
an "import façade"?  When I look in Lib/xml/etree/, I see the ElementTree,
ElementPath, and ElementInclude modules, and a wrapper for cElementTree's
extension module.

There isn't any sort of façade for ElementTree; are you proposing to add
one, perhaps in xml.etree/__init__.py?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read."