[Python-Dev] PEP 410 (Decimal timestamp): the implementation is ready for a review

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 04:00:47 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finished the implementation of the PEP 410 ("Use decimal.Decimal
> type for timestamps"). The PEP:
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0410/
>
> The implementation:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue13882
>
> Rietveld code review tool for this issue:
> http://bugs.python.org/review/13882/show
>
> The patch is huge because it changes many modules, but I plan to split
> the patch into small commits.
>
> I'm still waiting for Nick Coghlan and Guido van Rossum for their
> decision on the PEP.

Only Guido, really. I'm already on record as being happy with the API
design as documented in the latest version of the PEP. (I haven't
reviewed the full patch yet, but that's the next step before checking
things in, it isn't needed to mark the PEP as Accepted).

Cheers,
Nick.