[Python-Dev] PEP 394 accepted

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:27:15 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> As the PEP czar for PEP 394, I have reviewed it and am happy to say that
> I can accept it.

Excellent news, thanks!

I've pushed an updated version promoting it to Active status, and also
incorporating Barry's suggestion of making it explicit that we expect
the recommendation to change *eventually*, we just don't know when.

> I suppose that Nick will keep track of actually
> implementing it in Python 2.7.

Indeed I will (as well as the comparatively minor change of converting
the 3.x hard link to a symlink as described in the PEP).
Unfortunately, dinsdale appears to have fallen over again, so I can't
push the change right now :(

Cheers,
Nick.