[Python-Dev] Status of PEP 397 - Python launcher for Windows

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Sat Feb 18 06:37:01 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 23:24, Mark Hammond <skippy.hammond at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering what thoughts are on PEP 397, the Python launcher for Windows.
>  I've been using the implementation for a number of months now and I find it
> incredibly useful.
>
> To my mind, the specific steps would be:
>
> * Arrange for it to be installed with the next release of 3.2 and all future
> versions - I'm happy to try and help with that, but will probably need some
> help from Martin.

I've been doing some installer work lately and would be willing to
help out if I can.

> Thoughts or comments?

Will you be at PyCon, specifically at the language summit? I proposed
a side-track to discuss this PEP, and I say side-track since a great
majority of the group are not Windows users, so I don't think it's a
topic to bring before the entire group.