[Python-Dev] problem after installing python 3.2.2

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 18:21:06 CET 2012

Hello Vahid,
i'm sorry but this mailing list is not the right place where to ask
such question, I suggest get in touch with
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list for support.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 18:15, Vahid Ghaderi <vahid_male1384 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> i have downloaded and installed python 3.2.2 but still when i use python
> in terminal it show's:
> root at debian:~# python

you're using the system 'python' here, not the new installed, which
probably has landed in /usr/local (or where you installed it).

> Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Dec 27 2010, 00:02:40)
> [GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
> how can i change the default to python 3.2.2?

from a Debian Developer perspective, I'd suggest you not to switch the
Debian default interpreter to python3.2 since it will make several
system tools/debian packages to fail. If you need 3.2 explicitly,
state it in the shebang or call the script with py3.2 explicitly.

Regards,