[Python-Dev] PEP czar for PEP 3144?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Feb 20 14:55:05 CET 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:23:13 +1000
> Does anyone object to me naming myself PEP czar for PEP 3144?

“Tsar is a title used to designate certain European Slavic monarchs or
supreme rulers.”

Is this our official word?

> There's also basic-but-usable module documentation available
> (http://code.google.com/p/ipaddr-py/wiki/Using3144).

Mmmh, some comments:
- a network can be "in" another network? Sounds strange. Compare with
  sets, which can be ordered, but not contained one within another.
  The idea of an address or network being "in" an interface sounds even
  stranger.
- iterhosts()? Why not simply hosts()?
- “A TypeError exception is raised if you try to compare objects of
  different versions or different types.”: I hope equality still works?

Regards

Antoine.