[Python-Dev] hash randomization in the 2.6 branch

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Feb 21 02:49:20 CET 2012

I've just committed a back port of issue 13703, the hash randomization patch,
to the Python 2.6 branch.  I have left the forward porting of this to Python
2.7 to Benjamin.

test_json will fail with randomization enabled since there is a sort order
dependency in the __init__.py doctest.  I'm not going to fix this (it can't be
fixed in the same way 2.7 can), but I'd gladly accept a patch if it's not too
nasty.  If not, then it doesn't bother me because we previously agreed that it
is not a showstopper for the tests to pass in Python 2.6 with randomization
enabled.

Please however, do test the Python 2.6 branch thoroughly, both with and
without randomization.  We'll be coordinating release candidates between all
affected branches fairly soon.

Cheers,
-Barry