[Python-Dev] PEP 414 - Unicode Literals for Python 3

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 13:44:21 CET 2012

On Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> If this can encourage more projects to support Python 3 (even if it's
> only 3.3 and later) and hence improve adoption of Python 3, I'm all
> for it.
>
> A small quibble: I'd like to see a benchmark of a 'u' function implemented in C.
>
> --Guido

After having this explained quite a bit to me by the more web-savvy folks such as Armin and Chris M/etc, I am a +1, the rationale makes sense, and much for the same reason that Guido cites, I think this will help with code bases using the single code base approach, and assist with overall adoption.

+1

jesse