[Python-Dev] PEP 414

Yury Selivanov yselivanov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 13:30:05 CET 2012

Armin,

I see you've (or somebody) changed:

"""As it stands, Python 3 is currently a bad choice for long-term
investments, since the ecosystem is not yet properly developed, and
libraries are still fighting with their API decisions for Python 3."""

to:

"""As it stands, when chosing between 2.7 and Python 3.2, Python 3
is currently not the best choice for certain long-term investments,
since the ecosystem is not yet properly developed, and libraries are
still fighting with their API decisions for Python 3."""

Could you just remove the statement completely?

Again, my understanding of what is the best choice for certain
*long-term* investments is drastically different from yours.
In my opinion, python 3 is much more suitable for anything
*long-term* than python 2.

I don't think that PEPs are the right place to put such polemic
and biased statements.  Nobody asked you to express your *personal*
feelings and thoughts about applicability or state of python3 in the
PEP.  There are blogs for that.

Thank you.

-
Yury