[Python-Dev] What's required to keep OS/2 support in Python 3.3

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Jan 6 13:42:45 CET 2012

Hi Paul,

> I'm a little slow in responding to
> http://blog.python.org/2011/05/python-33-to-drop-support-for-os2.html,
> but I'm interested in stepping up to help maintain OS/2 support in
> Python 3.3 and above.
>
> I've been building Python 2.x for a while, and currently have binaries
> of 2.6.5 available from http://os2ports.smedley.info
>
> Unlike Andrew Mcintyre, I'm using libc for development
> (http://svn.netlabs.org/libc) rather than emx.  libc is still being
> developed whereas emx hasn't been updated in about 10 years.
>
> I haven't attempted a build of 3.x yet, but will grab the latest 3.x
> release and see what it takes to get it building here.

I would suggest you start from the Mercurial repository instead. There
you'll find both the current stable branch (named "3.2") and the
current development branch (named "default"). It will also make it
easier for you to write and maintain patches.

Let me point you to the devguide, even though it doesn't talk
specifically about porting:
http://docs.python.org/devguide/

Regards

Antoine.